The survey will take less than ten minutes to complete and is completely anonymous. Click HERE to complete the survey.
There’s still time to register for this year’s festival! Click HERE to sign up. Email email@example.com if you are in need of a scholarship.
Here’s a peak at the opening night of last year’s festival:
We’re excited that Cely Chicurel and Sharon Schulze will be joining us for a participatory Arts Village on Thursday, October 26, before dinner and opening worship on the first day of the festival. Early Bird registration has been extended through September 15, and student registration is always $10. Click HERE to sign up!
Watch this video of Dr. Carolyn Sharp lecturing at Yale Divinity School on “Prophetic Witness and Public Leadership.” We’re so excited that Dr. Sharp will be joining us in October!
Homegrown planning team member Rev. Dr. Rose Cornelious was featured in an article on Women of Impact in Cary Living Magazine. Read it HERE.
Registration is now LIVE for the 2017 NC Women’s Preaching Festival! Click here to register. We look forward to seeing you in October!
The festival is just a few weeks away, and we’re excited to share more details about the schedule!
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13
3:30 OPENING GATHERING: CARLA GREGG-KEARNS
- Sheryl Wilson – And what does the Lord require of you?
- Lori Pistor/Sharon Wheeler – Reimagining Special Services
- Betty Morton – Self-Care: The Foundation of Success in Life and Work
5:30-6 REGISTRATION CONTINUES
7:00 EVENING GATHERING – CARLA GREGG-KEARNS
- Rebecca Reyes preaching on the Seasons of Life
- Kim Gaubault – Spoken Word
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14
8:30-9:00 REGISTRATION CONTINUES; BREAKFAST SNACKS AVAILABLE
9:00-9:30 MORNING PRAYERS – KATE BLAKELY, JENNA LINDBO
9:30-10:45 PREACHING THE SEASONS
- Katie Crow
- Alma Tinoco Ruiz
- Shryl Hinnant-Uzzell
10:45-11:15 BREAK (ART TOURS/ARTISTS AVAILABLE; RESOURCE TABLE)
11:15-12:30 3 WORKSHOPS/PANELS
- Pat Daggett – Writing through the Seasons
- Christine Burket Parton – Preaching
- The Spirit Moves: Artists Panel – Angela Yarber, Amy Huacani, Jenna Lindbo
1:30-2:45 WORKSHOPS AND/OR PANELS
- Rose Cornelious – Preaching Women in Scripture
- Kate Blakely, Susan Dunlap – Stone Soup Panel
- Beth Kennett – How can I be a feminist and preach God’s love for all?
3:00-3:45 CLOSING GATHERING – SHARON WHEELER, WITH KIM GAUBAULT
We are excited to announce that Rev. Katie Crowe, senior pastor at Trinity Avenue Presbyterian Church, has been confirmed as a preacher for the 5th annual NC Women’s Preaching Festival: Her Voice Through the Seasons.
In addition, the Homegrown team has begun to plan music for this year’s festival, and we are thrilled that Jenna Lindbo will be helping lead worship this October. You can learn more about Jenna and listen to some of her music at jennalindbo.com.
Additional preachers, workshop leaders, and artists TBA.